Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
John Esch Library | Lakeland University | W3718 South Drive | Plymouth, WI 53073 | (920) 565-1038 ext. 2420
Students in BUS 422 Healthcare Law and Ethics, this guide will connect you to resources to help you find the information you need for your course assignments. Use the tabs beneath the guide title to move to sections on how to:
(Guide creator: Teresa Grimm. Currently maintained by Jamie Kellner.)
Password required: Log in with the same credential you use to access your Lakeland email and Blackboard.
Wall Street Journal (ProQuest)
Complete articles from The Wall Street Journal, 1984-current.
Premier source for business news, company profiles and legal information.
Newspaper Source Plus (BadgerLink)
Newspaper articles from across the country as well as some international sources with many in full-text. Also includes radio and TV news transcripts. (Courtesy of BadgerLink.)
Sample articles on medical errors & litigation:
- Collins, D. (2018). Stone patient's sepsis results in amputations. Urology Times, 46(2), 38.
- Facility knew of sex offender; dhs says Maplewood officials did not prevent him from assaulting 3 female residents; nursing home abuse. (2018, July 5) Wisconsin State Journal. p. A1.
- Hickner, J. (2014). What's the verdict?. Journal of Family Practice, 63(10), 609.
- Innes, S. (2018, July 23). Medical errors reported during computer conversion at Banner Health's Tucson facilities. Arizona Daily Star (Tucson, AZ).
- Rodgers, J. (2015, April 4). Jury awards Colorado Springs family $17.8 million over daughter's hospital treatment. The Gazette. (Colorado Springs, CO).